- Sharon Rempel is a a heritage garden designer. She specializes in knowing where to find historic varieties of wheat like Red Fife, as well as heritage vegetables and flowers. She has an MA Conservation studies from York England in garden and landscape conservation. She knows about preserving the 'Spirit of the Place' in conservation or restoration of historic landscapes and gardens.
- Sharon worked as a Chief Interpreter iin Alberta and B.C. and won national recognition for her heritage gardens at The Grist Mill at Keremeos
- Agri-tourism starts with heritage gardens and heritage plants
- All collections of plants should have management and interpretation plans
- 'collections policies for 'living artifacts' (APT Bulletin article that Sharon Rempel wrote)
- Sharon specializes in 1830-1930 horticulture and agriculture - see her Client list